Ultimate NL is excited to announce that we’ll be hosting tryouts for the 2020 Canadian 4-on-4 Ultimate Championships (C4UC) in January.
We expect to be allotted two bids (team spots) to represent Newfoundland and Labrador. Tryouts for these teams will be held on Jan. 21 and Jan. 28 from 9-11 p.m. at the Techniplex in St. John’s.
All players interested in trying out must fill out an expression of interest prior to tryouts. This form will be available in early January. There will also be a charge of $20 per player for tryouts.
Tryouts will be based on national team tryout processes established by Ultimate Canada, which evaluate players on a number of ultimate-related skills using a predetermined matrix. A selection committee of experienced ultimate community members will evaluate players with the top 24 that earn the highest rankings (12 male-matching and 12 female-matching) being invited to participate in C4UC.
Captains and spirited captains will be chosen after teams are selected. All players will be expected to abide by a player code of conduct.
- Dates: April 4-5
- Location: Soccerplex Catalogna in Montreal, QC
- Roster submission deadline: March 1
- Two NL bids
Player selection timeline:
- Jan. 6: Expressions of interest open
- Jan. 21: Tryout #1, 9-11 p.m. at the Techniplex
- Jan. 28: Tryout #2, 9-11 p.m. at the Techniplex
- Feb. 4: Players chosen by selection committee
- Feb. 11: Captains selected (one male-matching, one female-matching and one spirit per team)
- March 1: Final roster and bid payment deadline
Players should be aware that practice times will not booked by Ultimate NL. If teams wish to practice, it will be up to the players to book space.
Ultimate NL aims to provide all players with a fair and objective opportunity to gain valuable competitive experience with its national team program. We strive to field teams that are spirited and competitive while also developing the capacity of our players to compete for national-level teams.