Our insurance is facilitated through Sport NL.
Below is the process that has to be followed by all members for any claims. All other insurance policies must be exhausted before this policy will take effect.
If you believe your insurance will not cover all expenses then you should complete the attached forms and follow the procedure noted below.
Please note that you only have 30 days after the accident to complete the form.
Filing a Claim
Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) Member:
1. Have the injured member complete the Claim Notification Form as well as the Attending Physicians Form.
2. The PSO must sign the Claim Notification Form to certify that the injured athlete is a member of the provincial association. The PSO will keep a copy and forward one copy to Sport NL for their records.
3. Forms can be forwarded directly to BFL Canada Inc. by the individual or if you like the PSO will send it once they verify the individual is a registered member of the PSO. This is best done electronically with the original mailed for expedience purposes.
1. Claim Notification form must be submitted to BFL Canada within 30 days of the injury.
2. All claims must be submitted with itemized statements and paid receipts (originals are required if there is no other coverage available) which indicate: patient’s name, type of
purchase or service, date of each purchase or service, amount charged for each purchase
3. An attending Physician’s Statement, confirming diagnosis and recommended treatments
is required if you are claiming other than dental or ambulance expense.
4. Costs must be paid by you. You will be reimbursed for insured expenses.
5. You will receive a letter directly from the insurance company if they require further
documentation; it is your responsibility to provide this information.
6. Expenses eligible under any other health care plan(s) must be submitted to that plan(s).
Your sports accident policy will pay only the amount of expenses that are not eligible with any other insurer. This policy does not make payment for any service or treatment that is available within the provincial plan, whether there is enrolment in the provincial plan or not.
7. If you have any problems contact your PSO.