Presented by Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Storm is Newfoundland and Labrador’s junior provincial ultimate team. Athletes are eligible for the team if they are at least 14 years old and no older than 18 by Dec. 31, 2022.
In 2022, Storm’s open and women’s teams aim to compete at the Junior Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Brampton, Ontario in August 21-24, 2022.
2022 Storm Open Team Game Day
The coaches of the Junior Provincial team Storm Open (no gender matching) are looking for your help in preparing our team for Nationals in August. So, the they’re hosting a GAME DAY on Sunday, July 10th at Bowring Park from 12:00-5:00 PM
For the last two years our Storm Juniors have not been able to travel or have any tournament competition. What their coaches are hoping for is enough players to put off three games of 7 on 7, with the games being 1:15 long. This will allow them to get some needed experience before they head to Nationals.
The game day will host three teams to play against our Juniors. Ideally, we would want 14 players team as this will be 7 on 7 and the games will be 1:15 long. Games will cap at 15 and half will occur once 8 points are reach by either team or time which will be decided by the teams respectively.
All are welcome to sign up for any of the three time slots that are available here.
NOTE: Please sign up if you are 100% committed. We do not want to run into a team not having enough players leaving the Junior team without a game.
2022 Tryout Information
Ultimate NL is excited to say that Storm tryouts are now open!
Tryouts (both open & women) will be held on the following dates at the PowerPlex in St. John’s:
- Sunday, March 20, 10:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27, 10:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
Anyone interested in trying out must complete the Registration Form. Youth players of all skill levels, who are between the ages of 14 and 18 as of Dec. 31, 2022, are eligible to attend tryouts.
Registrants will be considered registered once they have submitted a photo to email@example.com.
Any questions can be directed to David Whitney-Brown, youth development and competition director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for the 2022 season has closed.
Training & Season Information:
Training begins shortly after team selection. The prospective practice schedule is as follows:
- Indoor practices will be once a week on Sundays from 10 am – 12pm from April 10th to May 15th. There will be no practice on May 1st. These practices will be held at the PowerPlex.
- There will be a group fitness component for 8 weeks between April and June. The final details on when and where are still being determined.
- Outdoor practices will be twice a week starting in early June and ending after the national championships in August.
- 2017: First year Ultimate NL sent a junior team to the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) that consisted entirely of players from Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 2018: First year that both open and women’s teams competed in the junior division at CUC.
- 2018: Junior women’s team placed second overall in spirit rankings at CUC.
- 2018: Junior open team broke seed, advancing to finish 20th from a seeded position of 24th at CUC.
- 2019: Junior women place second overall in spirit rankings for the second year in a row at CUC.
- 2019: Junior open has the first female captain in team history.
- 2021: Inaugural Storm Mixed League
Our thanks to Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador, the exclusive team sponsor for Storm.
Training begins shortly after team selection.