Storm is Newfoundland and Labrador’s junior provincial ultimate team. Athletes are eligible for the team if they are at least 14 years old and no older than 18 by Dec. 31.
In 2020, Storm will be competing at the Canadian Ultimate Championships in Brampton, ON from Aug. 9-12. There are teams in both the women’s and open divisions.
2020 Youth Development Camp
Building off our inaugural development camp in 2019, Ultimate NL is offering an opportunity for athletes to demonstrate and improve the skills they will need for competing at the next level. The six-week camp will include one-hour sessions once a week that teach a specific aspect of the game from a high-level ultimate athlete or coach. Skills testing will follow to gauge the player’s level of understanding.
- Fridays, 4-5:30 p.m. @ Techniplex
- Jan. 10-Feb. 21
- Registration and full details will be posted soon
Tryout Dates (Both open & women)
- Saturday, Feb. 22: 9-11 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 28: 4-5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 29: 9-11 p.m.
Coaching application is now available under the junior development tab on our website along with coaching postings detailing the roles and responsibilities. You can also access the application directly here.
Training begins shortly after team selection. There are two training camps (four hours each) on March 14 & 21. Athletes should expect to practice twice a week beginning in late March until travelling to nationals in August.
- 2017: First year Ultimate NL sent a junior team to the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) that consisted entirely of players from Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 2018: First year that both open and women’s teams competed in the junior division at CUC.
- 2018: Junior women’s team placed second overall in spirit rankings at CUC.
- 2018: Junior open team broke seed, advancing to finish 20th from a seeded position of 24th at CUC.
- 2019: Junior women place second overall in spirit rankings for the second year in a row at CUC.
- 2019: Junior open has the first female captain in team history.
Our thanks to Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador, the exclusive team sponsor for Storm.