Presented by Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Storm is Newfoundland and Labrador’s junior provincial ultimate team. Athletes are eligible for the team if they are at least 14 years old and no older than 18 by Dec. 31, 2023.
In 2023, Storm’s open and women’s teams aim to compete at the Junior Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Surrey, British Columbia in August 12-17, 2023.
Storm tryouts for 2023 are now closed!
The application deadline for the 2022 season has closed.
Training & Season Information:
Training begins shortly after team selection once tryouts have happened. The prospective practice schedule is as follows:
- Indoor practices will be once a week on Saturdays along the following schedule. There are no practices scheduled yet for April 22 and 29th, this may change at the coaches’ discretion.
- Indoor practice schedule is the same for both teams.
- There will be a group fitness component for 8 weeks between April and June. The final details on when and where are still being determined.
- Outdoor practices will be twice a week starting in early June and ending after the national championships in August.
You can find the detailed indoor practice schedule here.
- 2017: First year Ultimate NL sent a junior team to the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) that consisted entirely of players from Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 2018: First year that both open and women’s teams competed in the junior division at CUC.
- 2018: Junior women’s team placed second overall in spirit rankings at CUC.
- 2018: Junior open team broke seed, advancing to finish 20th from a seeded position of 24th at CUC.
- 2019: Junior women place second overall in spirit rankings for the second year in a row at CUC.
- 2019: Junior open has the first female captain in team history.
- 2021: Inaugural Storm Mixed League
Our thanks to Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador, the exclusive team sponsor for Storm.
Training begins shortly after team selection.