Presented by Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Storm is Newfoundland and Labrador’s junior provincial ultimate team. Athletes are eligible for the team if they are at least 14 years old and no older than 18 by Dec. 31.
In 2021, Storm’s open and women’s teams will compete at the Junior Canadian Ultimate Championships in August, COVID-19 pending.
2021 Youth Development Camp
Building off the inaugural development camp in 2019, Ultimate NL continues to offer an opportunity for athletes to demonstrate and improve the skills they will need for competing at the next level. The eight-week camp includes one-hour sessions of skill-intensive training once a week that teach a specific aspect of the game from a high-level ultimate athlete or coach. Skills testing will follow to gauge the player’s level of understanding.
- Wednesdays, 4-5:30 p.m. @ Techniplex
- Jan. 6-Feb. 24
- Registration and full details can be found here
2021 Tryout and Season Information
Youth players of all skill levels, who are between the ages of 14 and 18 as of Dec. 31, 2021, are eligible to try out.
Tryouts (both open & women) will be held on the following dates at the Techniplex in St. John’s:
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 9-11 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 27, 9-11 p.m.
Anyone interested in trying out must complete the Registration Form.
Any questions can be directed to David Whitney-Brown, youth development and competition director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The coaching application is now available under the junior development tab on our website along with coaching postings detailing the roles and responsibilities. You can also access the application directly here.
Training begins shortly after team selection. There are two training camps (four hours each) on March 14 & 21. Athletes should expect to practice twice a week beginning in late March until travelling to nationals in August.
- 2017: First year Ultimate NL sent a junior team to the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) that consisted entirely of players from Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 2018: First year that both open and women’s teams competed in the junior division at CUC.
- 2018: Junior women’s team placed second overall in spirit rankings at CUC.
- 2018: Junior open team broke seed, advancing to finish 20th from a seeded position of 24th at CUC.
- 2019: Junior women place second overall in spirit rankings for the second year in a row at CUC.
- 2019: Junior open has the first female captain in team history.
Our thanks to Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador, the exclusive team sponsor for Storm.