Ultimate Newfoundland and Labrador is hiring a summer clinics co-ordinator to help facilitate the growth of ultimate across the province.
Our sport continues to grow, and the demand for clinics from interested communities, schools and individuals exceeds what we, the board, is able to manage as volunteers. The summer clinics co-ordinator will help us showcase and teach ultimate to a greater number of people than ever before!
The summer clinics co-ordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating all youth clinics during the summer season on behalf of Ultimate NL. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and scheduling clinics requests from community groups;
- Promoting Ultimate NL’s youth clinic service and expanding reach to different community groups;
- Developing clinic plans based on the Ultimate NL LTAD guide to fit each request;
- Teaching clinics to youth groups of all ages;
- Requesting and co-ordinating extra volunteer effort if needed;
- Organizing and maintaining Ultimate NL equipment;
- Documenting client feedback;
- Managing all forms, paperwork and other information related to clinics; and
- Submitting weekly reports to Ultimate NL.
The summer clinics co-ordinator will be paid at an hourly rate of $12.25 and will be required to complete 240 hours throughout June, July and August. The working hours will primarily be between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; however, there may be some evening and weekend work.
The employee is expected to travel to clinics locations in their own vehicle. Travel outside of the regular working area will be compensated in accordance with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Travel Reimbursement and Meal Plan Policies.
In addition to regular compensation, this position offers the benefit of flexible hours, the joy of working outside and with children, the ability to seek out new opportunities to work and earn more and the opportunity to travel. Plus, you get to play ultimate every day!
Qualifications and requirements:
The preferred candidate must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- An in-depth understanding of the sport of ultimate.
- NCCP training would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Experience and ability in completing basic paperwork and managing hard copy and digital information;
- Experience in teaching or organizing children’s groups of all ages;
- The ability to work independently and be proactive in searching for opportunities;
- The ability to manage groups of volunteers and delegate work accordingly.
- All candidates will be required to submit to a background check by the RNC in order to apply.
- Be a current student.
How to Apply:
Please apply by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 31.