Ultimate NL is seeking assistant coaches (two positions) for each of its junior open and women’s divisions of Storm, Newfoundland and Labrador’s premiere junior ultimate club teams. The assistant coaches will motivate, guide and instruct the team to deliver quality coaching to all the athletes under the leadership of the head coach and the Ultimate NL organization. They will aid the head coach in selecting and preparing the Storm roster (either open or women’s) for the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Edmonton, AB from Aug. 11-14, 2019.
Assistant coaches for Storm’s open or women’s teams will help prepare athletes for out-of-province competition including, but not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the head coach in delivering quality coaching;
- Ensuring high team motivation and morale;
- Communicating relevant Ultimate NL information to team members and other stakeholders;
- Assisting in player evaluation for both the team selection process and throughout remainder of season;
- Aiding the head coach in biweekly reporting of duties;
- Travelling with the team to CUC in August (expenses are covered);
- Abiding by Ultimate NL’s conduct and compliance policies; and
- Completing any training deemed necessary by Ultimate NL (expenses are covered).
The successful applicants will:
- Have a strong understanding of ultimate demonstrated through playing experience;
- Have previous high-level coaching experience (ultimate preferred);
- Have completed the Ultimate Competition Introduction course (preferred);
- Be able to evaluate individual and team performance based on set rubrics;
- Be able to report and communicate team progress effectively and in a timely manner;
- Be available to travel to multiple out of province tournaments; and
- Possess strong motivational skills.
The deadline to apply is Monday, Jan. 14, 2019.
If there are any questions about the posting or application process, please email Luke Dyer, youth development and competition director, at email@example.com.