Registration is now open for Ultimate NL’s second annual youth competition development camp.
Open to ages 13-18, this camp provides athletes with the opportunity to demonstrate and improve the skills needed for competing at the next level of sport. Whether participants aim to succeed on their school teams or to compete at nationals, the camp will help athletes achieve their ultimate-related goals.
The camp includes:
- 9 hours of skill-intensive training focusing on developing core ultimate skills;
- Mentoring from Ultimate NL personnel including Storm coaching staff;
- Individualized feedback and report at the camp’s conclusion;
- Printouts of all drills performed; and
- Single-gendered scrimmaging in similar style to Storm tryouts.
Participants will enjoy drills, skills development and game situations while also receiving one-on-one mentorship and guidance from experienced ultimate players and coaches. Each session will also include scrimmages that allow them to apply and demonstrate their learning in front of the Storm coaching staff and other ultimate personnel.
- Dates: Fridays from Jan. 10 – Feb. 21 (excluding Jan. 17)
- Times: 4-5:30 p.m.
- Cost: $90
- Ages: 13-18
- Location: Techniplex, St. John’s