Ultimate NL is seeking head coaches (two positions) for each of its junior open and women’s divisions of Storm, Newfoundland and Labrador’s premiere junior ultimate club teams. The head coaches, with the aid of the Ultimate NL organization, will lead the evaluation and selection of the 2019 Storm rosters. Once selected, the head coach and the assistant coach will perform all duties necessary to prepare the team to compete at the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Edmonton, AB from Aug. 11-14, 2019.
Head coaches for Storm’s open or women’s teams prepare athletes for out-of-province competition including, but not limited to, the following:
- Planning and executing team practices;
- Communicating relevant Ultimate NL information to team members and other stakeholders;
- Organizing and/or participating in games and tournaments;
- Providing player evaluation for both the team selection process and throughout remainder of season;
- Undertaking biweekly reporting of duties, including practice plans and attendance tracking, to Ultimate NL;
- Travelling with the team to CUC in August (expenses are covered);
- Abiding by Ultimate NL’s conduct and compliance policies; and
- Completing any training deemed necessary by Ultimate NL (expenses are covered).
The successful applicants will:
- Have a strong understanding of ultimate demonstrated through playing experience;
- Have previous high-level coaching experience (ultimate preferred);
- Have completed the Ultimate Competition Introduction course (preferred);
- Be able to evaluate individual and team performance based on set rubrics;
- Be able to report and communicate team progress effectively and in a timely manner;
- Be available to travel to multiple out of province tournaments; and
- Possess strong motivational skills.
The deadline to apply is Monday, Jan. 14, 2019.
If there are any questions about the posting or application process, please email Luke Dyer, youth development and competition director, at email@example.com.